Friday, September 20, 2013

bonjourelise's Xanga Blog 1.1 21767531 bonjourelise's Xanga Site bonjourelise dotkok77@gmail.com bonjourelise bonjourelise dotkok77@gmail.com bonjourelise Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:18:55 -04:00 We got the new Narnia movie today!!!! ]]> 2006-04-04 20:18:55 bonjourelise Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:54:31 -04:00 It looks like my family is leaving Westwood. Not the family of Westwood, for we'll always love and care about our brothers and sisters in Christ there, but we're starting to go to a church called, Blanch Baptist. It's a sweet little white church in the country and it's only 9 minutes away from our house, as opposed to 30 minutes. This way we'll be able to have more of a fellowship. The church is so small, I know pretty much everyone's name by now.  I like Blanch, it makes me think of drinking lemonade on a warm day with a cool breeze and a big plate of squash 'n onions. mmmm...
At first I didn't want to change churches, I felt that my parents were pushing me to do something that was 'unfair'. Then I realized (with God's help) that just because we leave Westwood, doesn't mean I won't ever see my dear friends again! And that was the main reason that I didn't want to leave, I have a group of wonderful friends at Westwood, we all share the same ideals, the same morals, the same goals. And it broke my heart to think that I wouldn't see them as often as before. But the Lord has comforted me, and shown me that all I need is Him. And thankfully, I'll still see my friends at 4H, tea once a month, and other activities.

There's a song by Super Chic(k) that's called, Beauty From Pain it says:

"And though I can't understand why this happened
I know that I will when I look back someday
And see how You've brought beauty from ashes
And made me as gold purified through these flames"

This song brought me comfort, because I didn't know why we'd switch churches, but one day I would know. And now, I think I know:
There are some young ladies there (around ages 10-12) who are very sweet young ladies, and they've become friends of mine. I was talking to my mom about it, and I thought how fun it would be to have tea parties, or sleepovers with these girls, and just enjoy their company and have good Christian fellowship. There are many girls who mentored me that were older then me, but just treated me as a friend, not as a little girl. And that's what I want to do. I think this might be one of the reasons that God led us to switch churches, who knows? There might be more reasons too...

]]>
2006-04-04 08:53:35 bonjourelise Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:20:44 -04:00 Today I was supposed to sleep in...but I was awakened by Ethan at 9:00. I was going to go back to sleep but it was too bright in my room. So I had to get up.

Then I came out into the living room, had some cocoa puffs for breakfast, and watched cartoons with Ethan. Of course, I was switching channels and asking him, 'Do you want to watch this?' 'How about this?' He would just shake his head and raise his eyebrows. Then we got to Blues Clues, and he said, 'Yes'. So that's what we watched. :)

At about 11:00 Ethan and Erin went to lunch with one of Erin's friends. And I stayed home. I made some coffee, and played around on the computer, then I worked on sewing, with the window open, blowing a fresh breeze into the stuffy house, and absolute silence. Then Ethan came home, and the silence was gone.

A few minutes ago, when I started writing this post, Ethan came over and said, "Nunu, nu nu." Which means, "Naughty Nunu" from Teletubbies. In other words, he wanted me to play teletubbies on the computer with him. He's really been working on his talking lately. And he has mastered opening doors, which isn't such a good thing, (we have to lock the bathroom doors now...) and yet is a good thing (if Daisy wants to come inside and we were too lazy to open the door we could just send Ethan). He's showing me his new toy car and ball, and his new 'Wild Animal band-aids'. He's pointing to his leg, and his head telling his mom that he has a 'boo-boo' and needs one of his bandaids.

Ethan and I, a couple of months ago after Keepers Club

Ethan being cute...

]]>
2006-04-01 16:16:07 bonjourelise Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:53:39 -04:00 Last night was so much fun!
First around 5:30 I went to Catherine's house, we had some really good chicken for dinner.
Then we went to youth group. Angel was there, YAY! The lesson was on lottery tickets and gambling and why you shouldn't gamble. It was pretty interesting.
Then afterward we all went outside and talked for about 20 minutes, until we had to leave. I had a ton of fun, there was lots of laughing and just good Christian fellowship. 

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
~2 Corinthians 5:21

]]>
2006-03-30 14:47:53 Happy Birthday, Dad!! bonjourelise Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:07:41 -04:00 Today is my dad's birthday!

This afternoon, Kimberly, Erin and I made a scavenger hunt for dad to go on for his presents. We made up 5 clues, then I hid the gifts around the yard. Let's see if you can guess the poems we made! (It might be kinda hard!)

    'Count your steps along the Path
     Towards your goal for better health
     There you'll find your first surprise
     Look below, above, behind!!'

Can you guess what that one was? (probably not) We hid a pedometer (a tracking device to how many steps you take) down the path by the pond!

     'This next one is Ethan's favorite gift,
     To get it, find something you have to lift
     To complete the set and join the pair,
     Have Ethan help you look under there.'

This one was a trailer that hooked up to my Dad's tractor. Ethan loves my dad's tractor, so it would be his favorite gift. And earlier I had told Ethan to remember where we hid it (right next to the tractor under a tarp) so he could help my dad find it.

My dad also received some shrubs to plant, shovels, and hoses! We had a yummy dinner, sweet potatoes, pork roast, home made bread...and for dessert, Cheesecake! Yay!
It looks like this evening is going to be GREAT!

It has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him.

--Psalm 62:7

]]>
2006-03-28 20:06:21 bonjourelise Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:10:51 -04:00 Today I went skating with at a 'Homeschool Skate' in Danville. I only knew one girl there, but I knew a bunch of guys and Benj was there. Benj was wonderful, he payed my way, bought me a drink and some candy.

Then afterward, the Wrights took us to their house, where the boys (Richard, Johnathan and Benjamin) played their instruments (guitar, bass, drums and keyboard) for Benj and I. They were really good!
Then we went outside and watched the dog chase a brown ski mask (the dog thought it was a rabbit) through the fields. It was funny to watch. Then the guys jumped from the dock to the land, and things like that.  Then Erin came and picked us up.

So, I've had a fun day! And it's not over yet!! Thank you Lord for your blessing of friends and fun!

]]>
2006-03-27 17:08:40 bonjourelise Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:41:29 -04:00 Life is Good!!

I wish I had a garden this year, but I just don't really want to do the work involved.
If I did have a garden I'd plant:    

Lilacs       Bleeding Heart      Daisies    

Ivy     Hostas    Moss

and many more!

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought.
--Jeremiah 17:7-8

]]>
2006-03-26 19:08:16 bonjourelise Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:08:10 -04:00 Well, lately I've been making a bunch of stuff for my new Keepers group. We made cute bags out of old jeans. That was fun and pretty easy.

Now we're making dolls!! Mrs. Rudd already cut out the fabric and everything, but we have to sew the fabric together, ebroider a face, add hair, stuff it etc. I'm excited to see what the doll will look like in the end!

I'm getting a new swimsuit (it's on layaway)!! Last year I had the ugliest thing in the world, a purple swim suit with organge shorts, and the swimsuit showed through the pants when wet, and it just seriously wasn't my color. So we went to Wal-Mart the other day, where there was a large selection of swimsuits, and I picked out a pink floral skirtini-tankini (tank-top with a skirt). I'm so excited!!

Well, and I also have some baaad news...I'm not going to New Life Camp this year. We sent in our registration waaay late (I'm not even going to tell you when), and now I'm #30 on the waiting list!!!! So, since I highly doubt 30 people are going to drop out of NLC, I'm not going. But I do have some good news! The Lord is using this for His glory, I'm not sure how, but I do know that before I sent my registration I prayed that God's will would be done, not mine, even if it meant not going. So I'm sure everything will turn out GREAT!

-EMA

]]>
2006-03-23 13:08:10 bonjourelise Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:43:32 -04:00 Hello everyone!

This past weekend Benj and I went to UNCG and stayed with Sarah and Andrew. We had a lot of fun, we ate at the Cafeteria, stayed in dorms, played football, and dutch blitz. We had a good time.

Here are some pics!

Me about to throw a football...

Sarah (left) and I (right) while playing, Kerplunk, we had a really fun time! Lots of laughs!

My handsome brother (right) and uhhh...Andrew...(left)

Have a great day everyone!!

We intercede on behalf of all mankind.
Then we do laundry.
 
-Thai monk, after being asked his mission in life.
]]>
2006-03-21 12:47:15 bonjourelise Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:01:08 -04:00 Well, I guess the experiment didn't work! That's fine...I did get 12 comments in the process, Thanks Catherine.

I don't really know what to write today, so I'll just grace you all with a Bible verse and a quote:

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
--Colossians 3:12

"The very contradictions in my life are in some ways signs of God's mercy to me."
 
Thomas Merton 
 
In Christ,
Elise
]]>
2006-03-16 08:01:08 bonjourelise Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:14:44 -04:00 Alright my friends, let's have an experiment...hehe...

I want to see if I can get 50 comments on this post! Let's try it!

So Long,

Elise

]]>
2006-03-14 15:14:44 bonjourelise Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:26:45 -04:00 This week has been good. Yesterday was the CHEER homeschool meeting. After the potluck supper, the kids (and young adults) went outside to play and hangout. It was a beautiful night with perfect weather. We played 'Ghost in the Graveyard'. Good Times.

Oh, and yesterday I made my first 'from scratch' chocolate cake. It turned out pretty good! It wasn't too hard to make, but box mix is definitely easier!!!

Tata! Have a blessed day!

-Elise

]]>
2006-03-14 11:26:45 bonjourelise Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:48:15 -05:00 Hello loves

This week has been busy! I had drivers ed all week and the test yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'll pass...but no promises...

This is another story I wrote, if you would, please tell me if you want to hear the rest, I don't want to bore you...

t leave me.I,I love The old mans cold hand in his, sat, stunned, .FATHER!Why?slight head aches lifeless body.

He heard laughing coming from a party down the street.

He hissed through his teeth. Then, looking at his father, he remembered another time he had called rich men mean names. His father had reminded him that rich men had power to send them somewhere else, worse. And that they had to be kind to the rich. Where could I go that would be worse then this?

The boy yelled a long, loud yell, ending it with a sob. The boy draped a thin, threadbare sheet over the old manGood night forever.t know where he was going, all he knew was that he was going awaym never, ever going to return. He vowed....

 

Leave Comments!!

]]>
2006-03-11 14:47:15 bonjourelise Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:08:00 -05:00 Well, drivers-ed has been pretty fun. I'm kind of nervous for the test though...I hope I pass!!!

I feel like going somwhere! But I have loads of school work to do...so I guess I'll sign off, for now.

Ta-ta my friends!

Elise

]]>
2006-03-09 08:08:00 bonjourelise Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:01:28 -05:00 There was a story of a duke who boarded a galley ship and went below to talk with the criminals manning the oars.  He asked several of them what their offenses were.  Almost every man claimed he was innocent, blaming someone else or accusing the judge of taking a bribe.  One young fellow, however, replied, "Sir, I deserve to be here.  I stole some money, No one is at fault but me.  I'm guilty."  Upon hearing this, the duke shouted, "You scoundrel, you!  What are you doing here with all these honest men?  Get out of their company at once.!"  The duke ordered that this prisoner be released.  He was set free, while the rest were left to tug at the oars.
 
Charles Spurgeon 
]]> 2006-03-07 08:00:47 bonjourelise Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:40:13 -05:00 Today was my first drivers ed class. It was interesting, I can't say it was fun. I went with Catherine, Corral and Caitlin. We were the homeschoolers, I think the only homeschoolers there. Coach Page was nice, he was the main teacher, but his daughter was so harsh! There was almost too many kids, so if you talked or messed around you were kicked out...ouch! We were good though.  So we took a bunch of notes, wrote down some study questions and felt really bad for the kids that were humiliated in front of everyone because they talked too much...poor kids.

Then Caitlin came to my house for a little while until her mom came to pick her up. We played Othello and Cranium cadoo, and also ate some yummy cheesecake!

Yours till the hotdog stands,

EMA

 

]]>
2006-03-06 19:40:13 2006-03-07 00:40:13 open Publish post 453755569 Last Part! bonjourelise Mon, 06 Mar 2006 08:17:31 -05:00 3.
The next day I was in the kitchen making some bread. Grandmother was visiting grandfathers letter.
His hair was gray and bushy; he looked like het say anything, just looked questioningly at him.
The soldier, out of breath, said, "Are you Terusha mother of Daniel?"
I nodded. "What is it? Do you have bad news of Daniel?"
The soldier smiled, his eyes laughing, he shook his head, "Daniel has summoned for you. It know what to do.
Then I began to laugh, laughing and crying hysterically. The soldier had a perplexed look on his face.
"Uhh...d most certainly be killed. The king must have sensed my uneasiness, so he said, "Matthias, take this lady to her son." Then to me he said, "Terusha mother of Danield never heard of it before.
Then I saw Daniel, he was sitting on a bench doing what he loved best, reading the Bible.
Dropping my small bag I ran to him and exclaimed, "DANIEL! My son!"
Daniel looked up and a big smile spread across his face. "Mother! Youve so much to tell you!"
That evening Daniel and I had a long talk. He told me all about how he was chosen as head wise man. How it was God who was wise, not him. And of the dreams he had predicted. It was so nice to see him again.
Daniel said that tomorrow he would send for grandmother and mother.
Then we would all live together in this huge palace.
If Ive learned to trust God, not myself.

THE END

]]>
2006-03-06 08:17:31 bonjourelise Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:21:09 -05:00 2.
The next morning I woke up to hear birds singing outside my window. Something was different but I couldnDaniel. I sighed, wondering what to do now.
Usually I would wake Daniel and make some breakfast. But without Daniel, breakfast would be dull and sad. I decided to go to my parents wrong?" I asked, wondering if they had heard about Daniel already.
"Your grandfather," She sobbed, "Got worse in the night, coughing and wheezing. So this morning I went to check on him and he wass body.
"Grandmother?" I whispered.
She didnt want to hear anymore, first Daniel, and then Grandfather!
I went back outside, my mother had stopped crying and asked me, "Wheret bring my self to tell her that Daniel was kidnapped, so I shrugged and told her, "I dons about Daniel. The night before Grandfather died, some soldiers came." Here I stopped, trying not to cry.
"Go on Terusha." My mother said comfortingly. I could see the worry in her eyes; about five years ago soldiers came to my parentt liked them.
"Well, they took him. To Babylont know what to do, I probably should have gone to Babylon with them, but it was all so confusing!" A lone tear streamed down my face. My mother put her arms around me soothingly, tears streaming down her face.
"Why dons house and set up on their covered roof. Mother was right, I no longer felt lonely. But, there was, at every moment, emptiness in my heart for Daniel.
So, I went on with my life, week by week, day by day. Wishing, hoping for news from Daniel. When none came after 3 months I gave up hope. Then one surprising day a soldier knocked on the door. My heart sank. He was probably here to tell me bad news of Daniel. I went to the door bravely, "Yes?" I asked him.
The soldier cleared his throat, "A letter, from your son Daniel." He muttered, shoving a dirty scroll into my shaking hands. With that he was off, almost running.
What does the letter say? I wondered, opening it quickly.
Inside, this is what it said:
Dearest Mother,
I hope that my letter finds you well, and I hope you didnt too bad. They fed us meat and wine at first, and then I asked for vegetables and water. Because I didnt want to, but finally I convinced him and me, my three friends, Shadrack, Meshak and Abednigo, are the healthiest of all! They gave me a new name, Belteshazzar. Isnt met the king yet, but I believe Is great-grandfather? Is he getting better? Tell him that I miss him; also tell great-grandmother and grandmother. But mostly mother, I miss you. Their bread here isnt want to make this letter sound like Is how I feel. The Lord has blessed me so, I trust him with all my heart.
The king has just summoned me mother, so I must end my letter.
Please write back; just give it to the soldier who delivers this.
With Love,
Daniel
My eyes filled with tears as I whispered, "Thank you Lord, for keeping my Daniel safe."


To Be Continued...

]]>
2006-03-05 08:21:09 2006-03-05 13:21:09 bonjourelise Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:40:06 -05:00 Daniel's Mother

1.
It was dark; I was asleep on my cot, and my son, 17 year old Daniel was on his cot, on the roof. Someone began banging on the door and yelling. I jumped out of bed and ran to the door, hoping that it wasns up on the roof," I said, the man motioned to his soldiers and they headed to the roof, I sensed something was wrong. "What do you want?" I asked again, getting frantic.
I started pulling at one of the soldiert know."
Daniel had never been one to panic or get worried, like I did. He was more like his late father who stayed calm and trusted God. I loved God, but I usually trusted myself in sticky situations, like this one.
Daniel calmly asked, "Why are you here, what do you want?" He stared at the head soldier.
The man sneered and opened his scroll. He began to read, "I am Ashpenaz, chief of King Nebucadnezzars palace."
I gasped. They were going to take my son tot come by your own free will, we will take you by force."
Daniel sat for a moment, then said "May I have a moment to pack some things and say goodbye to my family?"
The man grunted, "You may have 20 minutes. No more."
Daniel nodded and I began to cry.
"Mother, will you please help me pack?" He asked.
I nodded and all of us (including the soldiers) made our way back into the house. I wondered how long it would be before I saw him again, how long before he came home.
When Daniel was done packing, gave me a hug, "Donll pray for you every day. I love you mother, goodbye." Daniel began to cry.
I hugged him, not able to speak.
"It is time." Ashpenaz said.
Daniel squeezed my hand, "Goodbye mother."
"Good bye, I love you!" I called after him.
I watched and waved until I could no longer see him. That was it, my Daniel, was gone.
 
To Be Continued...
]]>
2006-03-04 18:40:06 bonjourelise Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:21:15 -05:00 well so far today...

woke up @ like 7:40, left for the hospital @ 8:00 for a checkup. mom got registered and benj and I waited in multiple waiting rooms. we got a dollar each for the cafeteria. benj quickly chose and purchased a pepsi, I took about 10 minutes and chose a coke. there was a lot to choose from!

then we went to the coffee shop in danville and got some sandwhiches, coffee and water. it was a really yummy sandwhich! then we went to the library and got some school books. and then headed home. at home we cleaned, and mom cooked some yummy speghetti sauce and banana bread! it smells soo good!

i have a decision to make about whether or not i want to go stay with a family for about a week. if i go, i'll probably have fun, and even a good spiretual experience, but i'll miss drivers ed (i can always go this fall, though) and probably be homesick. so please pray for me, i need God's guidance on this.

have a good-ole day everybody!

]]>
2006-03-03 16:21:15 2006-03-03 21:21:15 Medieval-ness bonjourelise Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:57:14 -05:00 Yesterday I made a Medieval Meal for the family as an assignment. It was really fun! I started in the morning, and cooked till the afternoon, then after like a 2 hour break I cooked some more! I made pumpkin pie with a homemade pie crust (it was really good), braided bread, cream of broccoli soup, grapes, oranges, apple juice (we pretended it was Apple cider), some glazed, cooked carrots that were absolutely delicious (If I do say so myself), hard boiled eggs, and a beautiful roast chicken which wasn't done until dinner was over! But we'll eat it tonight anyway. So it was a good meal, and we were so full! The whole meal went with a paper I wrote about 'Medieval Life'. I got 100%! Lol...

I hope everyone has a GREAT day! Here's a thought:

The real miracle of forgiveness is to remember, and still forgive.
-Len McMillan

In Christ,

Elise 

]]>
2006-02-28 08:57:14 bonjourelise Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:34:42 -05:00 Yesterday I went to Winter Jam 2006! It was so awesome! There was Newsboys, Toby Mac, Newsong, and two new artists Hawk Nelson and some other girl.

Newsboys and Toby Mac were my favorite, because we have some of their CD's and I've heard Newsboys since I was like 5. Anyway, it was really neat, we were on the floor of the Coliseum, but some folks we knew were on the FRONT ROW!! I think I may have a jealousy thing happening...but we had a great time!

Love Always,

Elise

]]>
2006-02-26 09:34:42 bonjourelise Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:32:10 -05:00 Hello Everyone,

"Today is a wonderful day, for I am going away, Not to the Circus, not to the pool, can't you guess I'm going to school!"

Mostly school today. I'm still working on that Medieval paper. It's looking really good, and it's kind of sad too. Because I'm writing it in a story format, where I have 2 'stories' one with a Noble's daughter and the other in a Commoner's daughter. It's funny, I've been trying to make my paper seem truly medieval, so I write in medieval jargon. So now, I've started (without trying to) saying things like, thee, and ye, and talking really funny. lol

Last night I started a rag rug. I've got to work on it a lot, because I kind of forgot how to make it, I have to restart it and redo it again and again. But it's looking pretty good.

Today Mom is going to a conference in Florida. She's staying at a really nice hotel. I'm getting kind of jealous.  She's flying out this morning, and coming home Sunday. I'm sure gonna miss her! She's paying me to do her ironing for her today, so that's on my list, and finishing up my paper, and making dinner. It'll be fun.

I've been really working hard on staying focused on the Lord. It's not always hard, but sometimes, I want to just focus on myself, or on reading and interesting book, or something that's not wholly focused on the Lord. I need to work on doing my quiet time a lot more, I have this cool book written by Nancy DeMoss, it's a devotional book. I should work on that.

So far today I've played on the computer and watched *sadly* a very interesting few minutes of Barenstein Bears...hehe. Ethan loved those shows. Sometimes I'll turn on what I want to watch, and he'll shake his head really hard, and raise his eyebrows. Cutie.

Have a great day everyone! Leave comments!

In Christ,

Elise Mary

]]>
2006-02-23 09:32:10 bonjourelise Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:06:57 -05:00 Mmmm...coffee. Straight from the pot, not too strong, with a long dash of Hazelnut creamer. Perfect.

Mmmm...Sweet Tea. Add one cup of splenda and you've got a no-calorie herb enfused sugar water. Delicious.

Anyway...

Today I'm working on a paper about Medieval life. Ideas anyone? I'm thinking about making a Medieval meal, and maybe even dressing up? I'm not sure, but I have to at least write a paper.

Please leave comments! Have a good day. :)

In Christ,

Elise

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.
--Proverbs 17:9

]]>
2006-02-20 10:06:57 bonjourelise Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:02:11 -05:00 Tonight's Achievment Night for 4H. That's where folks from our 4H group go and get together and make little booths about what they did this year.
Then I'm going to have my last meeting as Secretary, and say the Thought for the Day.
Then Hannah, Charity and I are going to become new County officers! Yay for us!

So...that'll be fun.

I'll leave you with part of my Thought of they Day:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Shedd

In Christ,

Elise 

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you , so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

   ~John 13:34-35

]]>
2006-02-17 07:58:10 bonjourelise Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:42:22 -05:00

An adorable picture of Ethan.

Yesterday, for Valentines Day, Angel, Catherine, and I went bowling. We had a fabulous time. We laughed, and took pictures. I won the first game, and Catherine won the second.
Good Times. I'll have to post some pics when Angel sends them to me. But, you can go to her site: white_foggy_kleenex, and there are some pics from last night.

In Christ,

Elise

]]>
2006-02-15 09:42:22 Happy Early Valentines Day! bonjourelise Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:29:03 -05:00 I've decided something really random:

Since it's Valentines Day, I want to wear both pink and red...but since there's only one Valentines Day, I'm wearing red today, and pink tomorrow...hehe...quite random.

I'm very excited for tomorrow. I'm going bowling. Quite fun. I think the last time I went bowling was like two years ago!

In Christ,

Elise Mary

Proverbs 31:30

]]>
2006-02-13 12:28:21 bonjourelise Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:06:28 -05:00 Hello!

Today we did school for a while. Then I made lunch, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches. It was good!

Then we went to the library to get books on the Crusades, the Monguls and English Fairy tales...

After that we went to the Main Street Coffee Emporium to have hot chocolate and read, which was relaxing.

Then off to Goodwill to look for books. I got some great magazines, my mom got some school books, and Benj got a Pepsi...hehe

Now we're home, mom's making a yummy potato casserole, Benj and Ethan are in his bedroom playing around, Dad just arrived home and I think we'll eat in a minute.
The Lord has blessed us...'My cup runneth over'

Catherine has pictures of Horses, Angel has pictures of random stuff...and I have pictures of Ethan....

What's going on?!?

Hello? Oh yes, this is Prince Ethan...

In Christ,
Elise Mary

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies... She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
                          -Proverbs 31:10 27-28

]]>
2006-02-08 18:18:33 bonjourelise Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:16:34 -05:00 Yesterday I was soo sick. I couldn't do anything! I tried to watch a movie (which I usually love doing) but it hurt my head to much. It was aweful.
Benjamin, Erin and I were all sick. They had it worse than I did though. Mom was wonderful, she had to take care of 3 very sick people and a wild-child baby.   Ethan's so adorable. We love him.

So this morning, I'm feeling much better, meaning it was time to get my life organized again. I had to send the minutes to my 4H county Council leader (I'm secretary), write a speech for tonight (I'm running for Reporter), get stuff together for my Keepers of the Faith Meeting this afternoon, clean up my messy room, take a shower, math etc.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Please pray for Benj and Erin, they're still a little sick.

In Christ,

Elise Mary 

He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity, and honor.
--Proverbs 21:21

]]>
2006-02-07 11:16:34 bonjourelise Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:14:40 -05:00 YAY! I got a new layout!

I hope everyone has had/is having a wonderful day.

Remember that God is in control of your life, give Him the keys and He'll be more than happy to drive.

He does great and unsearchable things,
wonders without number.
              -Job 5:9

In Christ,
Elise


]]>
2006-02-03 17:14:40 bonjourelise Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:47:50 -05:00 Hi!

Wow! I haven't commented in a while.

I thought I'd share some pictures of when Kim, Ben and Zack came to visit:

Benj and Zackariah. Doesn't Zack have the cutest smile here?

My mom and Zack

Erin and her boyfriend, Dalton. Awww...they look so cute...

These are all for now, but I'll post more later. Gotta get to school. 

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Elise 

In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
--Psalm 118:5-6

]]>
2006-01-31 11:47:50 > bonjourelise Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:55:19 -05:00 Well, I've started reading Pride and Prejudice. I thought it would be a hard reader, for I've tried reading Jane Austen before, and didn't succeed. But I love the book! It's so interesting.

I have a new computer in my room now! Erin's boyfriend, Dalton works at a computer company and he brings us computer stuff that no one wants anymore. It's really neat. So I got a cool new moniter and purple computer.

I downloaded some songs yesterday (on my computer) and Benj and Ethan are dancing to them now. Things like, Grease, YMCA, Funky Town etc. Ethan loves dancing! This morning Benj accidentally banged my ceiling fan/light and broke it...I think. I'm not sure what happened, just that his hand hit it really hard, the lights flashed, and it doesn't turn on. I truly hope it's not broken or anything.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day in our Lord Jesus Christ

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one
another.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another,
God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
    --1 John 4:11-12

In Christ,

Elise 

]]>
2006-01-19 08:55:19 bonjourelise Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:02:37 -05:00 Hi Everyone!

Kimberly, Ben and Zack left. We're all very sorry that they're gone.

But here's a cute picture of my newphew Ethan to cheer me up!

We call Ethan, Young Yolando because he's always yelling! In the book (Dr. Suess's ABC) it's really young Yolanda, but that's a girl name.
Please leave me comments!!

Elise 

]]>
2006-01-13 12:02:37 bonjourelise Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:15:30 -05:00 Hi!

Kimberly and Ben, and Zackary have come to visit. We're having a great time.

Thursday

Mom and I left early and went to Auntie Phee's house (my great Aunt) for a visit. We had a nice time chatting, and I watched a little TV.
Then we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. mmm...it was so yummy.
After that we went to the Homeschool Gathering Place to put some books on consignment and we also bought a neat book called, 'Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends'.
Then we picked up Ben and Kim at the airport.
We went home and it was so cute to see Zackary (almost 1) and Ethan (1 1/2) 'meet' each other. They'd met before, but they weren't really old enough to understand. We had speghetti for dinner, Zackary showed us that he could do drink, and more in sign language. Adorable.
Then we had 'Christmas'. I knit Kimberly a chocolate brown scarf, and gave Ben some mixed nuts, and Zackary 2 puzzles.
They gave me a cute Eifel tower necklace holder. It's pink and glittery. It had two cute necklaces hanging on it. They also gave me a cute, black and pink jewelry box filled with adorable earings, bracelets and rings. Thanks guys!
Everyone else exchanged gifts too, it was very lovely. Then we hung out, I went to bed 'early' around 11 pm. Everyone else stayed up till 1:30!

Friday

Woke up, lazed around. Dad made his famously delicious pancakes and Keilbasa (sp?). Keilbasa is a very yummy and somewhat spicy sausage. Talked, hung out. Watched some Pride and Prejeduice with Kimberly, Erin and Mom.
At about 3:00, we started cleaning up our messy house for Kimberly's Haleluiah party. My sister Kimberly had Ostionecrosis (sp?). Which means her hip degenerated. She had surgery in September and mom went to SLC to stay with her and keep house and watch Zackariah. I went in October when Kimberly was closer to being healed but on crutches. A lot of people from our church and small group prayed for Kimberly's healing. And miraculously he did! So, we invited those who prayed over for an evening of fellowship and thanksgiving. We cleaned till 6, then our friends came. We had a lovely time. After everyone left at about 9:30-10:00, we played a game of 'Scene It'. Whew, I finally went to bed at 1:30.

Saturday

So far today we just hung out and lazed around. I plan on cleaning my room, and watching more of Pride and Prejeduice. And I think we're going to have a barbeque out back too. too much fun!

Have a great day everyone!

'Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desired of your heart.'

In Christ,

Elise

]]>
2006-01-07 12:15:30 bonjourelise Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:15:47 -05:00 Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a good last year. It has been a good year for me, and a long year.

On New Year's Eve I went over to my friend Angel's house. We hung out all day, looked at decorating books, talked watched movies. Then around 10:00 we had hours'de voures(if that's how you spell it) which consited of spinach and cheese quische, honey roasted peanuts (yum!) greek spinach roll things, spinach dip and crackers and water. It was wonderful. Then around 11:00 we had pizza. At midnight Angel and I took a picture exactly @ midnight...I can't wait to see it. Then she and I, her brother Grant and one of his friend went outside and shot off bottle rockets and fireworks. We had a BLAST!

In the morning we went to church and then I went home and took a nap!

In Christ,

Elise

]]>
2006-01-02 12:36:28 bonjourelise Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:26:51 -05:00 Today I woke up kind of late. I'm trying to catch up on sleep...hehe...

 

This is my sister Erin, holding her son, Ethan.

Well, Ethan is really sick. Poor baby. He has an aweful phlegmy cough, a runny nose, and the list goes on and on. He's doing really well, and getting better. My mom made some of her yummy chicken soup today. Then, later we're going to Raleigh to drop Benjamin off at New Life camp for a CIT reunion. Mom, Dad and I are going to Barnes & Noble to read and drink coffee. I love Barnes & Noble!!! I hope Benj has fun too.

In Christ,

Elise 

]]>
2005-12-30 16:26:51 2005-12-30 21:26:51 open Publish post 417000892
bonjourelise Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:25:15 -05:00 Saved & Single
-
Author Unknown

What makes you think that just because I am
an
Attractive woman of Godly intelligence
That I
'm incomplete without a mate?
Who told you
that
Without a man
Something
's missing
From my life?
And if so,
What would that be?

Love?
I love myself
And more importantly
I love the Lord
He told me that when I delight in Him,

He will
give me the desires of my heart
Security?
I have everything I need according to His riches in glory.


Intimacy?
Now, how's a man going to get to know me
When he doesn't even know who he is in the Lord
See my Father told me I'm above a ruby's worth
And a gem does not seek

It is sought


I'm single and that's all right with me

See,
it's not that I oppose relationships
It'
s that I detest co-dependency
As a woman
I know it is not my role
To chase after any man

Esther 2:14
reads That I am to wait on my king and when he's delighted in me. He will call me by my name.

My Lord does not intend for me to be needy or
desperate.
I am to be Cherished, Relished, Valued, and Honored,
It's not my job to convince him
Or Convict him of that,
My mate will already know it
And consistently show it
And he will stay on his knees daily
Not just to adore me
But to praise the Lord for

The virtuous woman he has found
So, when you see me by myself
I'm not alone
I know what I have coming to me

I'm single and saved, and right now that's all I need to be!
 
 
In Christ,
Elise
 
 
]]> 2005-12-27 16:25:15 bonjourelise Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:51:32 -05:00 Hi There Xanga folks!

Well, Sunday and Monday I was very lazy.

On Christmas we woke up around 8 and opened presents. It was fun seeing my 18 month old nephew, Ethan open his presents. He would still want to play with one gift, when he had to open the next.

I got some wonderful things, some diamond earings, 2 very pretty pins, a lovely bracelet from my dad,  a nice book, cute clothes etc.

Well, after presents, my mom made our traditional Christmas morning breakfast of Cream Chip Beef on toast, it's very yummy. However I wasn't too hungry, because I'd been eating Christmas candy all morning.

Then we relaxed, and looked at, read, or played with our gifts.

Benj bought me the game 'Guess Who?' So we played that like 10 times...I love that game. lol

At about 4:00, Erin's boyfriend Dalton came over. He got me a very cute French poster for my room. I can't wait to hang it up! He got Erin a portable DVD player and the DVD, Pride and Prejeduice. I'm so jealous! Well...I get to use them...so I'm not really jealous. Pride and Prejeduice is such a CUTE movie! I only got to watch the first disk so far though...

Yesterday, I hung out, tidied my room, organized Christmas presents and we cleaned the house. Other then that, I was QUITE lazy. Hopefully today I'll do a little better and get something DONE!

Well, I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. And have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

In Christ,

Elise

]]>
2005-12-27 10:51:32 bonjourelise Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:39:12 -05:00  Merry Christmas!

I finally have Christmas colors, I couldn't ever get them to look cute.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas. This year, I feel different about Christmas. It's as if God hand picked this year for me to concentrate on Jesus being born. I guess I just realized how amazing it it. Has that ever happened to you? You know something all your life, and just when you think you've got it down, God gives you a whole new insight. Early this December my dad read the book, "Cosmic Christmas" to the family after dinner every night. I highly suggest the book.

I've got all my Christmas shopping done! Hooray! (Well, I've had it done, but just now put it on my Xanga).  

Blessings to all, and a very Merry Christmas,

Elise   

 

]]>
2005-12-23 16:24:28 bonjourelise Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:33:41 -05:00 Hi Everyone!

My new Xanga colors make me crave Grape Bubblegum.

Happy First Day of Winter! It's now snowing here, and the weather man says it's not supposed to......too bad.

Well, I want to show you a few of my favorite websites:

-'Fly the Copter' This is an addicting game! Try it!

http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/helicopter_game.htm

-This is a site for young ladies (and there's a place for young men) who want to grow in the Lord. Very encouraging.

http://www.ylcf.org/

-This site sells cute, modest girl's clothing.

http://www.faraboverubies.com/

-This site can tell you how to do ANYTHING! I love it!

http://www.ehow.com/

-This site has a story I wrote on it, haven't added much, but you may like the story.

http://storiesiwrote.blogspot.com/

-Another encouraging young ladies site!!!

http://www.achristianhome.com/Just_For_Young_Ladies/justforyoungladies.htm

Well, I hope you enjoy this web-sites! Have a great day!

-Elise

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
--Proverbs 31:30

]]>
2005-12-21 15:33:58 bonjourelise Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:25:03 -05:00 Hi Everyone,

This is my brother, Ben, he has a Xanga site, also.

His Xanga is http://www.xanga.com/benabele

He's such a wonderful brother, he paid for me to go to see King Kong last night with my sister, her boyfriend, and Benj. We had a great time! He also bought a coke and candy for me. He's so nice.

Have a great day everyone!

In Christ,

-Elise

]]>
2005-12-20 11:25:03 bonjourelise Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:49:23 -05:00 Hello my dear Xanga readers!

Today it snowed! We got like 5 snowflakes...but it snowed!

We went to church this morning. My mom and I's Sunday School had a wonderful Christmas party. It was very nice, mostly just fellowship and food, but very lovely.

Here are some pics of my newphew Ethan...he's such a cutie!

Smooshing his face against the front window... Give your Aunt Elisa a kiss!!

Chubby Cheeks!

Trouble!!

So Sleepy!! Isn't he adorable?

Well, I hope these load well for you. Have a great day!

In Christ,

Elise

 

]]>
2005-12-18 17:49:23 bonjourelise Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:22:51 -05:00 Dear Everyone,

 

Today we had an ice storm, I think I went outside once, and only for like 5 minutes while I fed the cats. I have two cats, Emmaline Abigail (my cat) and Princess Fluffy (my sisters old cat). We call the latter Fluffy, for short, my sister, Erin, got her when she was about 8, now she's 23. I got Emma a last spring from another family. Emma's a VERY sweet cat. Always comes when I call, and always sits on my lap and let's me pet her.

And Fluffy...well, she's old.

 

Tonight we watched War of the Worlds. It was so depressing, but the intensity was great. The aliens looked to much like Independence Day aliens, and it had a very strange ending

But if I didn't have anything that I needed to do, I'd probably watch it again. I want to see the old one too!

 

Christmas is only 10 days away! I'm excited, I'm also excited for my sister Kimberly, her husband Ben and their almost 1 year old son, Zackary (the baby pictured below) are coming for a visit in January!!  I miss them so much.

 

Well, I better get off the computer and hit the sack. Have a great day everyone!

God Bless,

 

Elise

]]>
2005-12-16 23:23:17 bonjourelise Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:24:42 -05:00 Oh my goodness! Narnia was so amazing last night, I was crying in seriously, the first 5 minutes. The loyalty of the different characters really touched my heart.
And the fox! Oh boy. His loyalty to the Pevensie kids was really insightful. I would love to be that way with God.

Well, if anyone out there hasn't seen the movie yet, certainly go see it! It's soo great!

Elise  

]]>
2005-12-10 14:24:42 bonjourelise Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:05:40 -05:00

Q. If you could live forever, would you, and why?

A. I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever. (Ooookay, and you became Mrs. America because...??)

-Ms. Alabama in the 1994, Miss USA contest

"Smoking kills, and if you're killed, you've lost a very important part in your life." (Good logic )

-Brooke Shields, during an interview to be spokesperson for federal anti smoking campaign.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."

-Winston Bennet, Basketball player

"I love California, I practically grew up in Pheonix." (Oh, Boy)

-Don Quayle

"It isn't pollution that's harmin the enviornment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." (I always knew Liberals didn't have a brain...)

-Al Gore, Vice President

"The word, "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." (Athletes, ya gotta love 'em)

-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and Sports analyst

Elise

 

 

 

]]>
2005-12-09 16:10:15 bonjourelise Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:17:42 -05:00 Cleaning...Cooking...Baking...Oh My!

Today I spent the majority of my time cooking, cleaning and baking (and of course...school). We are preparing for a tea we're hosting at our house tomorrow eveing. Not that I'm complaining, I love cooking, cleaning and baking. It's fun!

Well, and I'm feeling very tired, last night I went to bed @ like, 7:30 because I had a really aweful headache, I woke up @ 1:30 AM and never really went back to bed! So, now I'm exausted, but still have to clean the kitchen floor and my bedroom. I should be getting to work, but editing my Xanga is oh-so-much-more exciting!

Been listening to Children's Christmas music, especially for Ethan, but it is really fun. It makes the whole house feel so Christmasy!

Well people, please leave me comments!

Elise

]]>
2005-12-07 20:13:39 bonjourelise Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:26:45 -05:00 Hey there everyone!

This is a picture of my adorable nephew Zackariah Benjamin. He's is soo cute! :)

]]>
2005-12-04 18:26:45 This is really funny! Go to Google and put in, "(your name) needs" and see what comes up! Here's mine:

1. Elisa needs to wash her car

2. Elise needs votes

3.  Elise needs Tyler's help to make a special pie crust for her Dad on his 76th birthday (Who's Tyler?)

4. Elise needs to appeal to a wider audience.

5. Elise needs to be the perfect car.

6. Elise needs a separate club.

7. Elise needs a family that will be patient and skilled in responding to her special parenting needs.

8. Elise needs to learn how to live in the world, as she grows up she'll start exersizing her own control.

9.Elise needs to contact Emma and find out arrangements for getting termcards printed. (Emma? My cat?) 

10. Elisa needs something more in her life than a neat house and a good garden. (Huh?)

Isn't this funny?!

God loves you, even if you don't know Him, he's waiting for you to call out to Him. Will that day be today?

In Christ,

Elise

]]>
2005-11-29 09:55:14 bonjourelise Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:49:05 -05:00 Hello Everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I don't know about you, but I had an amazingly wonderful Thanksgiving. We had tons of food, friends, family, the perfect amount of everything.

We had our traditional: watching Walton's Thanksgiving and eating pumkin pie, and then we watched Daddy Daycare (which isn't tradition).

I used to like Daddy Daycare, but now, I don't. It's so much about men and women being capable of 'swithching places'. So instead of 'Mom' and 'Dad'...we have Mr. Mom and Mrs. Dad. Where the mom goes to work, pursueing her dreams of a successful carreer, while the dad stays home and cleans, and cooks, etc.  (me being shocked)

Anything wrong with that picture? YES!!!

Titus 2:4, "That they may teach the younger women to be sober to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands. That the word of God be not blasphemed."

This verse clearly states that women are to keep their own home. Now, I used to think that this meant women shouldn't work outside the home, no matter what. But I disagree with that thought, I think women can go to work, but if it gets in the way of keeping their home in order, and having meals for her husband and taking care of her kids, she needs to quit.

Leave me comments, if you agree or disagree...or just want to say 'hi'!

Talk to you later!

In Christ,

Elise Mary

 

 

 

 

]]>
bonjourelise Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:40:35 -05:00 "Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God's right hand in the place of honor and power. Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth. For you died when Christ died, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.
So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires. Don't be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry. God's terrible anger will come upon those who do such things. You used to do them when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don't lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old evil nature and all its wicked deeds. In its place you have clothed yourselves with a brand-new nature that is continually being renewed as you learn more and more about Christ, who created this new nature within you. In this new life, it doesn't matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile,* circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized,* slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.
Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
 Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father."
Colossians 3
 
This is an amazingly blunt, simple scripture. I love it!
If I'm able to follow these rules that God has set for me, my life will be filled with blessings,
Psalms 23:5b, "My cup overflows with blessings."
 
God is so amazingly wonderful! If you have any questions about God or being saved just let me know.
 
Your Friend,
Elisa
]]> 2005-11-22 18:40:35 2005-11-22 23:40:35 bonjourelise Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:57:28 -05:00 Hi Everyone!

Today was a school day. I had to juggle a TON of assignments, because I'll be busy tomorrow, I've got to finish them all today!

Today is Keepers Club, we'll be sewing rugs, I'm excited to learn how!

Then tomorrow, is the Volleyball banquet! Go Storm!! I love Volleyball.

Well, that's pretty much all, ttyl!

In Christ,

Elise

]]>
2005-11-17 11:57:28 2005-11-17 16:57:28 bonjourelise Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:47:47 -05:00 Xanga

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to my Xanga site! This is my very first site, and very first entry.

Today was absolutely GORGEOUS!! This evening it rained, God's creation is so amazing. :)

]]>
2005-11-16 20:47:47 2005-11-17 01:47:47

No comments:

Post a Comment